Tullamarine Freeway - roadworks and lane closures
Aug 19, 2011
Roadworks impacting travel to the airport
Friday 19 August 10PM through to Saturday 20 August 2011 4AM.
- A single lane of the Tullamarine Freeway will be closed to airport-bound traffic for approximately 400 metres, at a point close to the turn off to the business freight area
- Due to this lane closure, please allow additional time in travelling to the airport.
Saturday 20 August 5AM through to Sunday 21 August 10AM
- The entry to the Tullamarine Freeway from the M80 Ring Road will be closed. Signed detours will be in place, but passengers travelling to the airport are stronly advised to allow additional travel time in getting to the airport.
Roadworks impacting travel from the airport towards the city
Friday 19 August 9:30PM through to 5AM Saturday 20 August
- The Tullamarine Freeway will be closed to city-bound traffic from Mickleham Road to the M80 Ring Road Bridge - detours will be in place.
- The exit ramp from the Tullamarine Freeway to the M80 Ring Road will be closed in both directions (to Greensborough and Altona).
- We wish to advise passengers exiting the airport that delays are likely during these periods.
Saturday 20 August 10PM to Sunday 21 August 4AM
- A single lane of the Tullamarine Freeway will be closed to city-bound traffic for approximately 400 metres, at a point between the airport and Mickleham Road exit.
- The exit ramp to the M80 Ring Ring from the Tullamarine Freeway (city bound) will be closed - impacting traffic travelling towards Altona. Detours will be in place.
- We wish to advise travellers exiting the airport that delays are likely during these periods.
For more information about the roadworks and details of the detour routes, please see vicroads website