Thumbs up for Melbourne Airport's Safety Management System
Jun 22, 2009
Melbourne Airport’s Safety Management System has successfully passed a full certification audit, reinforcing our commitment to implementing, improving and maintaining our safety system for passengers.
Melbourne Airport – still the only airport in Australia to hold a safety certification - achieved 100 per cent conformance on all 82 criteria tested throughout the audit process. We’re proud of this result and our System, which we believe is critical to the responsible growth of Melbourne Airport.
The audit listed our strengths as:
- Well-structured policies and procedures
- Our training and health monitoring system
- The Airside PIN and the Rewards and Recognition programs
- Well-monitored objectives, targets and strategies linked to Safety Plans and CAPS
- Preventative maintenance programs
- Contractor management procedures
- Comprehensive risk management.
More information about Melbourne Airport’s Safety Management System can be found in the Annual reports