News & events
News & Events Archive
- Dec 10, 2009 Melbourne Airport Welcomes Viva Macau Melbourne Airport welcomes Viva Macau to Victoria as the airline launched their inaugural services in and out of Melbourne today.
- Dec 06, 2009 Qatar Airways takes off from Melbourne Airport Today Melbourne Airport welcomed its 25th international airline as premium Middle Eastern airline Qatar Airways commenced direct three-times weekly services to Doha.
- Dec 02, 2009 International Terminal expands for new aviation era Melbourne Airport today unveiled its new passenger concourse - the first stage of the Airport's $330 million international terminal expansion.
- Dec 01, 2009 V Australia take off from Melbourne to Los Angeles Melbourne Airport today welcomed its 24th international airline with V Australia launching its inaugural service to Los Angeles. The twice-weekly Los Angeles route will provide Victorian passengers a new, non-stop option across the Pacific.
- Oct 29, 2009 Melbourne Airport - CAPA Low Cost Airport of the Year Melbourne Airport has been named the "Low Cost Airport of the Year" by the Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA).
- Oct 20, 2009 Melbourne Airport first quarter passenger results Melbourne Airport's first quarter passenger figures reflect a positive start to the 2009/10 financial year, and are testament to the resilience of Melbourne as a key tourism and business city.
- Oct 05, 2009 Melbourne welcomes seventh Tiger aircraft Melbourne Airport welcomes yesterday's introduction of a new A320 aircraft to the Tiger Airways fleet - an addition that will double the airline's daily services between Melbourne and Sydney.
- Sep 30, 2009 Singapore Airlines launch daily A380 services from Melbourne Airport Melbourne Airport today welcomes Singapore Airline's A380 in what is the first dedicated daily service for this aircraft in Victoria - a key achievement for the state.
- Sep 21, 2009 Robust performance in a tough market August has seen continued international passenger growth for Melbourne Airport and a return to growth in the domestic market producing the highest passenger total on record for the month of August.
- Aug 17, 2009 V Australia set to service Melbourne's international market further Melbourne Airport welcomes V Australia's announcement to introduce flights from Melbourne to a range of international destinations.
- Aug 12, 2009 Strong international passenger growth in a tough market July has seen the announcement of more international services and yet another positive month for international passenger growth at Melbourne Airport.
- Aug 07, 2009 Additional services for China Southern Melbourne Airport welcomes China Southern's announcement to increase flights between Guangzhou and Melbourne to three per week, with the introduction of a new Saturday service. These non-stop flights between Melbourne and Guangzhou will commence on October 26.
- Jul 29, 2009 New hand dryers blow in energy savings for Melbourne Airport Melbourne Airport has turned necessity into environmental and financial benefit by recently installing 66 new hand dryers across its three terminals.
- Jun 26, 2009 International logistics giants benefit from Melbourne Airport DB Schenker and DHL Danzas are two global logistics companies now able to leverage the competitive advantages offered by Melbourne Airport for their businesses – and, ultimately, for their customers.
- Jun 22, 2009 Melbourne Airport welcomes Chinese visitors The Chinese market is an important and ever-growing one for Melbourne Airport – and we’re taking some steps to make sure our Chinese visitors have the warmest of welcomes when they arrive in Victoria.
- Jun 22, 2009 Thumbs up for Melbourne Airport's Safety Management System Melbourne Airport's Safety Management System has successfully passed a full certification audit, reinforcing our commitment to implementing, improving and maintaining our safety system for passengers.