News & events
News & Events
- Sep 27, 2016 Melbourne outstrips Sydney and Brisbane for international passenger growth. Again. Almost $250 million worth of capital investment has helped Melbourne Airport preserve a decade-long trend of international passenger growth. This growth contributed to an 11 per cent increase in operating revenue, and an after tax profit of $267 million.
- Sep 20, 2016 Melbourne Airport breaks August passenger records More than 2.8 million passengers travelled through Melbourne Airport during August, a 2.5 per cent increase compared to August 2015.
- Sep 20, 2016 Melbourne Airport welcomes additional Virgin flights to Los Angeles Melbourne Airport welcomes today’s announcement that Virgin Australia will introduce five services each week between Melbourne and Los Angeles from April 2017.
- Sep 16, 2016 Melbourne Airport welcomes new daily Melbourne-Narita service by Qantas A new daily route between Melbourne and Narita, announced today by Qantas, is a welcome addition to capacity for Japanese visitors to Victoria.
- Sep 07, 2016 Protected Industrial Action Passengers are advised that Protected Industrial Action by CPSU members of the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources is planned for Melbourne Airport from 12:00am Friday 9 September (midnight Thursday) to 4:00am Saturday 10 September. Action is also planned for CPSU members of Australian Border Force from 8:30am – 11:30am on Friday 9 September at Melbourne Airport.
- Sep 02, 2016 Practice emergency exercise on Friday 2 September On Friday 2 September, Melbourne Airport will be hosting an emergency exercise. The airport will operate as normal with no disruptions to flights.
- Aug 25, 2016 Melbourne Airport welcomes new Canberra to Melbourne route by Tigerair Melbourne Airport welcomes today's detailed announcement that Tigerair will launch a new route providing daily return services between Melbourne and Canberra from 8 December 2016.
- Aug 18, 2016 Victoria celebrates 34 million passengers for Melbourne Airport In a win for the whole of Victoria, Melbourne Airport has smashed its year-on-year results by welcoming 34 million passengers between August 2015 and July 2016.
- Aug 10, 2016 Protected Industrial Action at Melbourne Airport Community and Public Sector Union (CPSU) members of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, including the Australian Border Force, will be taking part in protected industrial action which will affect Melbourne Airport from midnight Thursday 11 August to 1am Saturday 13 August.
- Aug 10, 2016 Melbourne Airport welcomes inaugural A350 Melbourne Airport welcomed the inaugural A350 service to Victoria this afternoon, with the arrival of Singapore Airlines flight SQ207.