News & events
News & Events
- May 23, 2016 Melbourne Airport hits 9 million international passengers Melbourne Airport has recorded 9 million international passengers in 12 months. That is one passenger for every home in Australia, four times the number of cars in Australia and almost the entire population of United Arab Emirates.
- Apr 26, 2016 Rex passenger information - departures moving to new T4 Regional Express Airlines (Rex) passengers will check-in at Melbourne Airport’s new Terminal 4 from this Thursday 28 April.
- Apr 20, 2016 Melbourne Airport's March passenger traffic results For some ‘seven’ is a lucky number, at Boeing it is aligned with naming the company’s successful commercial jets, and at Melbourne Airport it is the number of years that continuous and consistent growth has been achieved.
- Apr 18, 2016 Receive real time flight information via Twitter Passengers can now receive personalised, real time, information about their flight via social media.
- Apr 15, 2016 Protected Industrial action at Melbourne Airport Community and Public Sector Union (CPSU) members of the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources (DAWR) will be taking part in protected industrial action that will affect Melbourne Airport from midnight Sunday 17 April until midnight Monday 18 April, and then rolling one-hour stops until 6am Tuesday 19 April.
- Apr 07, 2016 Surf’s up at Melbourne Airport Victorians will have the chance to practice their surfing skills or learn the popular water sport in prime conditions when Australia’s first surf park opens at Melbourne Airport.
- Mar 30, 2016 Protected Industrial action at Melbourne Airport Community and Public Sector Union (CPSU) members of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, including the Australian Border Force, and the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources will be taking part in protected industrial action that will affect Melbourne Airport tomorrow and Friday.
- Mar 30, 2016 Border Force industrial action cancelled for Easter long weekend Melbourne Airport is pleased that CPSU members of Border Force have agreed to cancel their industrial action, which would have seen strikes at all major Australian airports over the busy Easter long weekend.
- Mar 23, 2016 Melbourne Airport maintains service levels during record investment phase Melbourne Airport’s investment in aeronautical infrastructure during 2014-15 was the biggest in the airport’s history since privatisation almost two decades ago, according to the Airport Monitoring Report 2014-15 released today by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
- Mar 18, 2016 Melbourne Airport’s February passenger traffic results Welcome to the year of the Monkey. According to Chinese astrology, this smart, confident zodiac has a preference for the directions north and northwest. This is fitting given China, one of our biggest growth markets, lies to the north of Melbourne.