News & events
News & Events
- Nov 04, 2016 Melbourne Airport most popular for Chinese carriers Melbourne Airport has cemented its place as the home of Chinese carriers in Australia, with Hainan Airlines due to commence services this month. It will be the seventh Chinese airline to fly to Melbourne
- Oct 31, 2016 Public Announcement – Melbourne Airport’s Taxi Rank Access Fee
- Oct 20, 2016 Strong growth in first quarter passenger numbers Strong growth in international passenger numbers has driven a positive first quarter performance by Melbourne Airport, achieving 40 consecutive quarters of growth.
- Sep 30, 2016 Melbourne Airport welcomes Beijing Capital Airlines to Australia Melbourne Airport today welcomed the inaugural Beijing Capital Airlines flight to Australia highlighting yet more evidence of Victoria’s growing attraction as a destination of choice from China.
- Sep 27, 2016 Melbourne outstrips Sydney and Brisbane for international passenger growth. Again. Almost $250 million worth of capital investment has helped Melbourne Airport preserve a decade-long trend of international passenger growth. This growth contributed to an 11 per cent increase in operating revenue, and an after tax profit of $267 million.
- Sep 20, 2016 Melbourne Airport breaks August passenger records More than 2.8 million passengers travelled through Melbourne Airport during August, a 2.5 per cent increase compared to August 2015.
- Sep 20, 2016 Melbourne Airport welcomes additional Virgin flights to Los Angeles Melbourne Airport welcomes today’s announcement that Virgin Australia will introduce five services each week between Melbourne and Los Angeles from April 2017.
- Sep 16, 2016 Melbourne Airport welcomes new daily Melbourne-Narita service by Qantas A new daily route between Melbourne and Narita, announced today by Qantas, is a welcome addition to capacity for Japanese visitors to Victoria.
- Sep 07, 2016 Protected Industrial Action Passengers are advised that Protected Industrial Action by CPSU members of the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources is planned for Melbourne Airport from 12:00am Friday 9 September (midnight Thursday) to 4:00am Saturday 10 September. Action is also planned for CPSU members of Australian Border Force from 8:30am – 11:30am on Friday 9 September at Melbourne Airport.
- Sep 02, 2016 Practice emergency exercise on Friday 2 September On Friday 2 September, Melbourne Airport will be hosting an emergency exercise. The airport will operate as normal with no disruptions to flights.