News & events
News & Events
- Aug 25, 2016 Melbourne Airport welcomes new Canberra to Melbourne route by Tigerair Melbourne Airport welcomes today's detailed announcement that Tigerair will launch a new route providing daily return services between Melbourne and Canberra from 8 December 2016.
- Aug 18, 2016 Victoria celebrates 34 million passengers for Melbourne Airport In a win for the whole of Victoria, Melbourne Airport has smashed its year-on-year results by welcoming 34 million passengers between August 2015 and July 2016.
- Aug 10, 2016 Protected Industrial Action at Melbourne Airport Community and Public Sector Union (CPSU) members of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, including the Australian Border Force, will be taking part in protected industrial action which will affect Melbourne Airport from midnight Thursday 11 August to 1am Saturday 13 August.
- Aug 10, 2016 Melbourne Airport welcomes inaugural A350 Melbourne Airport welcomed the inaugural A350 service to Victoria this afternoon, with the arrival of Singapore Airlines flight SQ207.
- Jul 20, 2016 Melbourne Airport's 2015/16 passenger traffic results The city of four seasons in one day, world-class coffee, late night restaurants, secret laneways and endless sporting, tourism and business events remained a destination of choice for millions of passengers throughout 2015/16.
- Jul 12, 2016 Melbourne Airport welcomes Beijing Capital Airlines Another exciting milestone was reached today in the fast-growing Chinese visitor market with Beijing Capital Airlines announcing Melbourne as its first Australian destination with services from Shenyang via Qingdao commencing in September.
- Jul 06, 2016 2016 Customer Service Awards Melbourne Airport hosted its fourth annual Customer Service Awards last week at Fox’s Car Museum, Docklands.
- Jul 01, 2016 Xiamen Air arrives at Melbourne Airport Melbourne Airport today welcomed new China-based airline, Xiamen Air, which adds a direct route between Melbourne and the south-east China city of Xiamen.
- Jun 24, 2016 Emirates celebrates 20 years in Australia Emirates will celebrate its 20th year of flying to Australia this weekend at Melbourne Airport. The Dubai-based airline launched Melbourne as its first Australian destination in 1996, 11 years after its first international flight to Karachi.
- Jun 20, 2016 Victoria’s international visitor growth streak continues Melbourne Airport’s streak of consecutive month-on-month growth continued in May with a total of 8.3 per cent more international visitors to the world’s most livable city and sporting capital, than the same time last year.