Contractor: Frequently Asked Questions
At Melbourne Airport, we embrace a ‘one airport, one team’ approach to the delivery of great customer service and we thank you for your participation in making every customer experience a ‘moment to remember’. Below are some frequently asked questions that may assist you whilst onsite at Melbourne Airport.
Where are the Terminals and which airlines typically operate out of each terminal?
• Terminal 1 (T1): Domestic – Qantas, Jetstar
• Terminal 2 (T2): all International flights
• Terminal 3 (T3): Domestic – Virgin, Rex (departures)
• Terminal 4 (T4): Domestic – Tiger, Rex (arrivals)
Where are the various Car Parks?
Where are the Check In Counters for (Airline Name)?
Find out if the flight is International or Domestic. For International flights, generally airlines will open their Check-in Counters 3 hours before flight departure.
The Flight Information Display Screen (FIDS) should list the open Check-in Counters.
Where is the closest toilet/ shower?
Toilets are located throughout the terminals; please familiarise yourself with the locations in your area.
Showers are located:
• Landside Departures - in the Qantas Link, next to Siricco (opposite Hungry Jacks).
• Airside Departures – just after Duty Free, on the right.
Where is the Pharmacy?
There are two pharmacies located:
• At the northern end of T2, next to the Rolling Luggage
• In Terminal 1 (Qantas/ Jetstar Terminal), next to the Medical Centre
Where is the Doctor?
Melbourne Airport Health is located in Terminal 1 (Qantas/ Jetstar Terminal), next to the Pharmacy.
Where are the ATMs?
ANZ ATMs are located throughout the terminal;
• At the T2 end of the Qantas Link
• In T2 Departures, after Security, Customs and Duty Free
• In T2 Arrivals, on the landside
Is there a Post Office?
There is no Post Office in the Terminals however there are several Australia Post Mail Boxes located on the Departures Drive (T2 Departures roadway). Envelopes and stamps should be available at the Newsagents located throughout the Terminals.
Where are the Airline Offices?
Airline Offices are located on Level 2 of the Terminal. If airline check-in counters are open, direct the passenger to the Service Desk located at the end of the check-in counters.
Where can I store my baggage?
‘Baggage Storage: Smartecarte’ offers short or long term storage of baggage for a fee. This is located in Terminal 2 Arrivals (ground floor).
How/ where can I access the internet?
There are several methods of accessing the internet at Melbourne Airport;
• Free Wi-Fi – log-in via your phone, tablet or computer (named ‘Free WiFi by MEL’) • Internet Kiosks – a number are located in front of check-in counter ‘D’
• Paid Wi-Fi – log-in via your phone, tablet or computer (named ‘Melbourne Airport’)
Can I smoke?
There are dedicated smoking areas along the terminal frontage – be careful to not smoke in any of the ‘non-smoking’ areas. There are no indoor smoking areas at Melbourne Airport.
Arrivals - Airside
Where do I collect my oversize baggage from (prams/ strollers/ gold clubs/ surfboards etc)?
Oversize baggage belts are located in each of the arrivals halls and are well signposted.
If I cannot find my bags on the carousel, what do I do?
Direct the passenger to the Baggage Service Desk or Airline Service Desk located in the arrivals hall.
Arrivals – Landside
Where do I catch the Skybus from/ buy Skybus tickets?
Skybus operates 24/7 and departs every 10 minutes. Tickets can be purchased either online or at their bus stops located on the ground floor just outside of Terminals 1 and 3.
Where do I catch a taxi?
Taxi ranks are located on the ground floor outside Terminals 1 and 2.
How can I hire a car?
Melbourne Airport has six car rental companies located on site. All have offices on the ground floor of the short term car park, and information desks located in the Melbourne Airport domestic terminals (ground floor).