Melbourne Airport partners
Melbourne Airport plays a significant role in the economic, community and cultural life of our region. Last year 28 million passengers and 215 tonnes of international freight passed through the airport.
More than 14,300 employees and contractors work at Melbourne Airport to make it all happen. We are located within the City of Hume with a population of more than 150,000. Our activities also have touch points within the neighbouring cities of Melton, Brimbank and Moonee Ponds.
Our community includes residents, local businesses, travellers, airlines, business partners, Governments at Commonwealth, State and local levels, as well as everyone who works at Melbourne Airport.
We are committed to being a good neighbour and want to ensure that the community benefits from our business.
Our multi-faceted community program includes:
- Partnering in grass roots programs that support our local community such as Western Chances, the Salvation Army's Jacana Centre and Asylum Seeker Support Service and community enrichment programs with both the Essendon and Western Bulldog Football Clubs
- Partnering with Conservation Volunteers to deliver the Healthy Habitats program, to create and maintain a predator-proof sanctuary for Victoria's most endangered mammal, the Eastern-Barred Bandicoot within Woodlands Historic Park - right on Melbourne Airport's back fence!
- Supporting industry development programs such as the Destination Melbourne's Melbourne Tourism Industry Leadership Program, the International Student Welcome Program and RACV Victorian Tourism Awards
- Supporting Melbourne's vibrant events and attractions industry via targeted promotional campaigns to the 100,000+ visitors who pass through the airport every day.
- Partnering with the Salvation Army to establish the Melbourne Airport Chaplaincy - holistically supporting those of any, or no faith - through the provision of compassionate, caring and practical support and counseling.
- Engaging and communicating with the local community in where we operate - such as via the Community Aviation Consultation Group.