Melbourne Airport Community & Partners
Melbourne Airport plays a significant role in the economic, community and cultural life of our region. Last year more than 32 million passengers and 215 tonnes of international freight passed through the airport.
More than 14,300 employees and contractors work at Melbourne Airport to make it all happen. We are located within the City of Hume with a population of more than 150,000. Our activities also have touch points within the neighbouring cities of Melton, Brimbank and Moonee Ponds.
We are committed to being a good neighbour and want to ensure that the community benefits from our business.
Our multi-faceted community investment program includes:
- Committing $150,000 over the next three years to Banksia Gardens Community Services (Broadmeadows) to fund the delivery of their highly successful Aiming High and Study Group programs. Melbourne Airport's investment will facilitate the employment of specialist maths and science tutors, to the benefit of more than 100 students from Gladstone Park, Broadmeadows, Westmeadows and Meadow Heights area who attend the Broadmeadows groups every week.
- Partnering with Western Chances as their Major Corporate Partner, to directly provide more than 150 scholarships to talented young people over the next three years. As a long term supporter of Western Chances, Melbourne Airport is proud to assist talented young people in realising their potential through scholarships to fund small educational basics such as text books, laptops and internet access, items which were previously out of reach, but have a big impact in reshaping a young person's future.
- Supporting the Salvation Army's Crossroads Youth and Family Services centre - located in Jacana and providing support for those experiencing family violence, homelessness and other challenging personal situations.
- Partnering with Conservation Volunteers to deliver the Healthy Habitats program, to create and maintain a predator-proof sanctuary for Victoria's most endangered mammal, the Eastern-Barred Bandicoot within Woodlands Historic Park - right on Melbourne Airport's back fence!
- Being a proud founding partner of the tourism industry development program - Melbourne Tourism Industry Leadership Program as presented by Destination Melbourne.
- Supporting Melbourne's vibrant events and attractions industry via targeted promotional campaigns to the 120,000+ visitors who pass through the airport every day.
- Partnering with the Salvation Army to establish the Melbourne Airport Chaplaincy - holistically supporting those of any, or no faith - through the provision of compassionate, caring and practical support and counselling.
- Engaging and communicating with the local community in where we operate - such as via the Community Aviation Consultation Group.