Melbourne Airport Media Releases
- Apr 04, 2017 Virgin Australia takes-off from Melbourne to Los Angeles Jet-setting Victorians can now enjoy more options for non-stop travel from Melbourne Airport to the USA, with the launch of Virgin Australia’s direct Los Angeles service
- Mar 31, 2017 International passenger numbers grow in February Melbourne Airport’s international passenger numbers defied market conditions to grow 4.5 per cent in February compared to the same month in 2016.
- Mar 21, 2017 And the winner is...Melbourne! Victoria’s travelling public is the real winner in today’s announcement that Virgin Australia will commence flights between Melbourne and Hong Kong. Melbourne Airport’s Chief of Aviation, Simon Gandy, said the announcement marked a new milestone in an important year for Australia-China tourism.
- Feb 28, 2017 New Year, new record for passenger numbers at Melbourne Airport More than half a million international travellers arrived through Melbourne Airport in January, shattering previous records for the month of January.
- Jan 25, 2017 Melbourne Airport passenger records smashed in 2016 A 10.2 per cent year-on-year increase in international passengers headlined a series of key milestones for Melbourne Airport in December 2016.
- Dec 22, 2016 Record total passenger numbers for November Melbourne Airport has recorded total passenger numbers increasing by 4.1 per cent in November compared to the same month last year.
- Dec 17, 2016 Melbourne Airport urges holiday travellers to allow extra time getting to the airport this Christmas Melbourne Airport is warning travellers that a combination of scheduled roadworks and expected record numbers of passengers will increase travel times to and from the airport, starting this weekend.
- Dec 15, 2016 Local students land scholarships from Melbourne Airport Eight graduating Grade 6 students will find the big step up to Year 7 a little easier next year, receiving study support scholarships from Melbourne Airport.
- Dec 13, 2016 Qatar Airways investment a sign of growth to come Melbourne Airport has welcomed the news that Qatar Airways will introduce its A380 aircraft on the Melbourne-Doha route from 30 June 2017.
- Dec 07, 2016 Melbourne Airport says bienvenido to LATAM Airlines’ direct flights from Santiago A revolution in aircraft technology has opened the door to Latin America for Victorian travellers, with LATAM Airlines’ launch of the first-ever direct service between the Chilean capital of Santiago and Melbourne.