Customer Care Volunteers
Do you like helping people? Do you have a passion for customer service? Are you interested in meeting people from all over the world? Then this may be an opportunity for you!
The Customer Care Program operates morning, afternoon and evening shifts, every day of the year. Shifts are 4 hours in length and volunteers are positioned throughout Melbourne Airport’s International Terminal (Terminal 2).The Melbourne Airport Customer Care Program consists of a team of diverse but like-minded and passionate volunteers dedicated to providing information, direction and support to the many passengers, staff and guests moving through the airport daily.
Role of a Customer Care Volunteer
Welcome all passengers and other visitors to Melbourne Airport and provide accurate and courteous information regarding the airports’ services and facilities. Be alert to, and report, any safety, security and/ or maintenance issues to the relevant person.
Benefits of becoming a Customer Care Volunteer
- Opportunity to make friends and join a team of like-minded people
- Free Car Park within walking distance of the terminal
- Free Uniform
- Reimbursement for reasonable travel expenses
- Regular functions, ‘behind the scenes’ tours and training opportunities
Requirements of a Customer Care Volunteer
- Friendly, outgoing personality and a strong team orientation
- Customer focused with the ability to firmly direct passengers
- Strong listening, understanding and responding skills
- Physical ability to perform the volunteer role (i.e. ability to stand for a 4 hour shift and move about the terminal as needed)
- Ability to converse in the English language – additional languages are also highly desirable (i.e. Mandarin)
- Commitment to attend a minimum of one hour shift per week
- Over the age of 18.
If you are interested in volunteering at Melbourne Airport, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire if there are currently any opportunties available.