Melbourne Airport Customer Service Awards
If you have seen or experienced outstanding customer service at Melbourne Airport please nominate the individual, team or organisation for a Customer Service Award.
About the Awards
The Melbourne Airport Customer Service Awards reward individuals, teams and organisations from across the airport where outstanding service has been delivered.
The awards reflect the values and service promise contained within the Melbourne Airport Customer Service Charter.
The Charter provides a common focus for all airport-based organisations and staff in pursuing our goal to provide a world class airport experience for the travelling public.
Customer Service Excellence Through Innovation
Through implementation of a new innovative activity or process which has improved the customer experience. This could be but is not limited to, hardware, software, technology, systems or processes.
Customer Care Program Volunteer of the Year
Our Customer Care Program volunteers provide their time, wisdom and knowledge to assist our shared customers. Nominees need to be a current member of the Customer Care Program
Customer Service Excellence Through Teamwork
A team who works together and achieves greatness together. The team needs to be from the same organisation and all members/roles need to be listed.
Individual Customer Service Superstar
Individual award for a person who has regularly and consistently delivered customer service excellence beyond normal expectations.
Customer Service Excellence Through Service Provider and Melbourne Airport Business Partnering
Working with service providers effectively and with demonstrable deliverables to ensure customer service excellence is achieved.
Melbourne Airport Retailer of the Year
A retailer who over the course of the previous 12 months has achieved the top scores in the Mystery Shopper program for customer service and experience.
Judges Choice When there is a standout nomination which is worthy of an award – from any category.
To download a nomination form click here
Please email all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off to Melbourne Airport reception Level 2, Terminal 2.
Rules for entry
1. Please submit your nomination for the category that best reflects the customer service excellence you have seen or heard.
2. Entry is open to any person or company who is based, and works the majority of their time, at Melbourne Airport. This includes APAM, Airlines, service providers, not for profit organisations, government agencies, etc.
3. Companies/entrants may only enter one submission in any one category.
4. Entrants can self-nominate, but this must be declared.
5. Entries can be submitted by an individual, company or customer.
6. The Retailer of the Year Award will be judged based on the Mystery Shopping program, which has run for the previous 12 months.
7. Achievements or activities referred to within your entry must relate to the qualifying period 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2016.
8. Deadline for award submissions is 5pm, Friday 10 June 2016. Nominations can be sent to:
Mail: Michelle Katris
Customer Service Awards
Locked Bag 16,
Tullamarine VIC 3044
9. Each category has a definition as a guideline as to what is being sought. Eligibility must be clearly demonstrated as part of your response.
10. An entrant, such as a franchise or an organisation that has multiple products, must enter each product individually.
11. The submission needs to include all details of the nomination, with no further information to be added at a later date. More information about the nomination form includes:
- A limit of to two (2) pages, excluding cover page with nomination contact information
- Minimum font size is 10, and standard single spacing is required
- Nominator name and contacts, including company, must be included
- Name and contacts of entrant, including company, must be included
- If the nomination is for an individual or team, the contact details for the Senior Manager of that organisation based in Melbourne is also to be provided
- In a partnership nomination, contact details for the Manager of the respective companies are to be provided
- Hyperlinks are not to be included
- The category of award must be included.
12. All submissions are independently scored by the judging panel. Results are correlated by the Chair of Judges. In the event of a tied score, the Chair of Judges will make a determination and if warranted, a Highly Commended may be awarded. The decision of the Chair of Judges is final.
Judging panel members for 2016
Manager Integrated Operations, Katie Cooper (Chair) Executive Corporate and Public Affairs Carly Dixon Executive Assistant Michelle Katris AAA representative AOC Chair
For more information
Phone: 03 9297 1600
To download a poster about the Melbourne Airport Customer Service Awards click here
To download a brochure about the Melbourne Airport Customer Service Awards click here