Melbourne Airport FREE Wi-Fi Access
Welcome to the Melbourne Airport Free Internet Hotspot (Hotspot). This Hotspot is provided to you free of charge by Australia Pacific Airports (Melbourne) Pty Ltd (ABN 62 076 999 114) (Melbourne Airport) in Terminal 2, Terminal 3 and Terminal 4 areas that are enabled with a wireless local area network.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, any reference to "you" or "your" includes but is not limited to the owner and authorised user of the computer, mobile or other wireless enabled device used to access this Hotspot. You are responsible for providing your own computer or mobile device (wireless enabled device) that is capable of accessing a Hotspot with its own power source. Melbourne Airport does not provide power, information technology advice or assistance to any user of the Hotspot. You must not use the Hotspot under any circumstances if you do not have express permission of the lawful owner of the wireless enabled device.
For more information and a detailed FAQ about the Melbourne Airport Free Wi-Fi please click here.
To be eligible to use this Hotspot, you simply need to access this Hotspot with your wireless enabled device and agree to accept these Terms and Conditions. Access to and use of this Hotspot is subject to the Terms and Conditions set out below. By accessing and using this Hotspot, you agree to accept these Terms and Conditions without limitation. Melbourne Airport may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions. Since you are bound by these Terms and Conditions each time you access and use the Hotspot, you should carefully review these Terms and Conditions each time you do so.
If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must not access or use this Hotspot.
You may only utilise the Melbourne Airport free Wi-Fi service for a 23 hour connection period and the device will be allowed to commence a new connection after 24 hours have passed.
Speed and Reliability of the Hotspot
This Hotspot provides you with free broadband internet access which can achieve maximum download speeds of up to 512Kb/s and maximum upload speeds of 256Kb/s. The speed and throughput of each Melbourne Airport Hotspot will however vary depending on a number of factors, including but not limited to: The capabilities of your wireless enabled device; the physical location of the wireless access points within Melbourne Airport; Hotspot user traffic during time of access, general internet congestion, wireless signal interference and the location of your wireless enabled device within Melbourne Airport whilst accessing the Hotspot.
Melbourne Airport will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with a reliable, stable and secure access to the Hotspot but does not promise that the access to the Hotspot will be continuous, fault-free, secure or accessible at all times. Melbourne Airport advises that this Hotspot access is not suitable for supporting any application or use which requires continuous, fault-free network connectivity or uninterrupted data traffic flow. Without limiting any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, Melbourne Airport will not be liable if the Hotspot access becomes unstable, unsecure, slow or unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
Melbourne Airport will use reasonable endeavours to monitor and attend to any Hotspot faults, malfunctions or other problems associated with the Hotspot access but will not be liable if such faults, malfunctions or problems occur with the Hotspot and shall not be obligated to rectify any such faults, malfunctions or problems associated with the Hotspot within any specified timeframe.
Logging In/Out of the Hotspot
You are not required to purchase any item or pay any fee to access the Hotspot.
Each Free Wi-Fi Hotspot location can only support a limited number of users accessing the Hotspot at any one time. Melbourne Airport does not warrant or represent that you will be able to access and/or use the Hotspot immediately or each time you visit a Hotspot.
You will automatically be logged-out of the Hotspot, if:
- your access to the Hotspot is terminated by Melbourne Airport in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- if you exceed the download limit of 50MB permissible for each Internet session whilst using this Hotspot.
- If you exceed the time allocation limit of 23 hours from when you first log on to our Hotspot
If you are in the process of downloading a file and you are automatically logged-out of the Hotspot, your partially downloaded file will not be saved or recoverable. Melbourne Airport is not liable for loss of your files or data and recommends that you save your work regularly whilst using the Hotspot and/or take the necessary precautions to prevent such occurrences.
User Obligations and Limitations
The Hotspot is intended to be used in a fair and "community-minded" manner. To this end, Melbourne Airport may, in its absolute and sole discretion, limit or block certain websites and/or content that you may seek to access whilst using the Hotspot. Without limiting its rights, Melbourne Airport may block or limit access to websites and/or content that Melbourne Airport considers is not "family friendly" or may bring negative exposure or harm to Melbourne Airports reputation and/or brand. This includes but is not limited to websites and/or content that:
- could cause Melbourne Airport to be in breach of any law, code or instrument which governs its conduct or to incur a liability to any third person or entity;
- could interfere with the integrity and/or performance of the Hotpot or Melbourne Airports other networks or equipment;
- depicts, alludes to or promotes offensive or illegal behaviour;
- is patently offensive or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or which may contain links to adult websites;
- promotes conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person's copyrighted work (including but not limited to file sharing applications such as Limewire, eDonkey, Napster or any other Bit-Torrent or peer to peer applications);
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging or "spamming";
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, modify, delete, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information; or
- uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other inappropriate, misleading or deceptive content.
- Furthermore, Melbourne Airport may immediately terminate and block your access to the Hotspot if you access or use the Hotspot in contravention of these Terms and Conditions, attempt to manipulate or bypass any limitations of the Hotspot by any means or behave in a vexatious, illegal, inappropriate, or unsociable manner (whether in Melbourne Airport or as a user of the Hotspot).
- Access to and use of websites and/or content is also subject to such websites and/or content passing through the firewalls, anti-virus and other managed security systems prior to the Internet pages being delivered to your wireless enabled device, and which are determined and set in Melbourne Airport’s sole discretion.
The internet is an inherently unsecure communication medium. Whilst Melbourne Airport will use reasonable endeavours to provide secure access through this Hotspot, it cannot guarantee the security of the Hotspot at all times. You are solely responsible for any information or data uploaded, downloaded or otherwise communicated via the Hotspot and you are responsible for keeping all usernames, passwords and other security-based information secure and private at all times.
Without limiting any other provisions of these Terms and Conditions, Melbourne Airport shall not, in any way, be liable to you for any kind of loss or damage incurred as a result of your use of the Hotspot, including but not limited to any viruses you may become subject to during your use of the Hotspot.
Melbourne Airport strongly recommends you install a personal firewall on your wireless enabled device to block unwanted traffic or downloads to your device.
Melbourne Airport is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognises that individuals have a right to control how their personal information is collected and used. Melbourne Airport will only collect, use and store your personal information for the purposes of delivering the Hotpot in accordance with applicable legislation and these Terms and Conditions. Without limiting the above, Melbourne Airport advises that it will not capture or attempt to capture any personal information whilst you access and/or use the Hotspot without your consent. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you give consent to Melbourne Airport accessing, collecting and using the following information:
- Once you access the Hotspot and open your Internet Browser application to view a website, Melbourne Airport will however capture and process information regarding your web browser type and/or operating system information as used by your wireless enabled device, in order to determine the most effective and/or customised way to display the requested webpage on your device.
- Melbourne Australia will also collect and store the IP and MAC address of the wireless enabled device that has accessed the Hotspot, once the Terms and Conditions of access have been agreed to.
Limitation of Liability
Your access to and use of this Hotspot is entirely at your own risk.
Melbourne Airport makes no warranties or representations as to the accessibility, security, stability or reliability of this Hotspot and Melbourne Airport specifically disclaims any liability or responsibility for any Hotspot faults, failures or interruptions or the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, security or reliability of any communications (including, without limitation, any transactions) made using the Hotspot.
Neither Melbourne Airport nor any other party involved in delivering the Hotspot is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, or inability to use or access, the Hotspot for any reason whatsoever, even if Melbourne Airport has been notified or advised of the possibility of such damages.
Melbourne Airport assumes no responsibility, and makes no warranty or representation in relation to, and shall not be liable in respect of your use of any third party proprietary software.
Melbourne Airport assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damage to, or viruses that may infect your computer or mobile device or other property on account of your access to or use of the Hotspot.
Melbourne Airport is not responsible for the content of any website accessed or used via the Hotspot. Your access to and use of any website or network connection whilst using the Hotspot is entirely at your own risk.
Nothing contained in this clause shall be read or applied so as to purport to exclude, restrict or modify or have the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying the application in relation to the supply of any goods or services pursuant to this Agreement of all or any of the provisions of Part V of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (as amended) or any relevant State Act or Territorial Ordinance which by law cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
Indemnity and Release
You agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless, Melbourne Airport and its personnel, employees, agents or representatives, from and against all loss, damage, liability, charge, expense or cost (including all reasonable legal and other professional costs on a full indemnity basis) of any nature or kind arising from your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Melbourne Airport PAID Wi-Fi Access
"Customer" means you.
"Melbourne Airport" means Melbourne Airport Australia Pacific Airports (Melbourne) Pty Ltd (ACN 076 999 114)
"Melair WiFi" is the public wireless High Speed Internet Access network providing coverage in and around Terminals 2, 3 and 4 at Melbourne Airport and operated by Melbourne Airport.
"Service" means the provision of Melair Wi-Fi to the customer.
- The customer is responsible for exercising legal, ethical, moral and appropriate Internet and E-mail behaviour when using Melair Wi-Fi.
You must comply with all directions issued by Melbourne Airport relating to use of your member ID and access to Melair Wi-Fi.
- Current fees for use of the Melair Wi-Fi service will be displayed to the customer before use.
- All prices are in AUD and are GST inclusive
- All prices displayed on Melair Wi-Fi are subject to change without notice.
- Melbourne Airport accepts most major credit cards including: Visa, MasterCard and American Express. The charges will appear on your credit card bill.
- The maximum session length is 24 hours. Your session will automatically end at this time. If you manually log-off from the service, your session will automatically end at this time.
You are liable for all fees incurred by your Melair Wi-Fi account whether it's use was authorised by you or not.
(a) If data security is a concern, Melbourne Airport recommends that customers adopt the following
- Personal hardware or software firewall;
- Regularly update your virus scanner;
- Use of Virtual Private Network (VPN) with IPSec or L2TP encryption to encrypt your data when accessing a corporate intranet or network.
(b) You must keep your member ID confidential.
(d) The Internet is sometimes unreliable and insecure. Melbourne Airport does not guarantee the security of Melair Wi-Fi or the systems (including the Internet and your hardware and software) used to access Melair Wi-Fi, or any information that passes through such systems.
(a) We do not provide any warranties that Melair Wi-Fi is undisrupted, delay free, constant, error free or free from malicious software such as computer viruses.
(b) We are not responsible for:
- i. The functionality or content of any internet site or service accessed via Melair Wi-Fi;
- ii. loss caused by factors which could reasonably be considered to be outside our control such as faults in third party equipment;
- iii. loss of data or loss of profits or revenue; and any loss to the extent that it is caused the customer, for example, through your negligence or breach of contract.
(c) The Customer will indemnify Melbourne Airport for any loss of damage we may suffer as a result of any negligent act performed by you.
Information obtained through Melair Wi-Fi is restricted to your credit card details which are automatically encrypted. This data is then used by our merchant facility to debit payment from your credit card for the agreed fee. Melbourne Airport will then forward a receipt to your nominated email address. We may forward your details onto a credit reporting agency.
Once the Melair Wi-Fi has been accessed and a purchase of the Service has commenced, no refund is permitted unless in Melbourne Airport's reasonable opinion, a technical problem resulted in the customer being unable to connect to the Service.
- You may stop using Melair Wi-Fi at any time.
We may immediately suspend, terminate or limit your access to Melair Wi-Fi if:
(b) we believe on reasonable grounds that there is a real risk of serious loss or damage to us or a third party if we do not suspend, terminate or limit your access;
(c) there is an emergency;
(d) there is an unusually high use of the Service; or
(e) you fail to pay any fees to Melbourne Airport.
Melair Wi-Fi Customer Support Help Desk 9297 1999 (Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm AEST)
Melbourne Airport is operated by Australia Pacific Airports (Melbourne) Pty Ltd (ACN 076 999 114).