Wireless internet access
Free WIFI - "FREE WIFI by MEL"
Melbourne Airport now offers free Wi-Fi access throughout our terminals. Available in all public areas and aircraft gate lounges*, the free Wi-Fi hotspot includes Terminal 2, 3 and 4 (Qantas also provides a free Wi-Fi connection within Terminal 1).
* Gates 12-20 in Terminal 2 may experience a reduction in signal strength. If this occurs please move towards the main terminal area or consider using the paid Wi-Fi service.
Simply connect to the “FREE WIFI by MEL” network and answer a few short survey questions to commence your session. Please refer to our terms and conditions for Wi-Fi usage.
It is important to note that the free Wi-Fi service is not encrypted, so please consider the security of your personal information when using the free service.
To assist you in connecting to the free Wi-Fi, we recommend the below:
• Ensure you are on the latest version of the mobile device operating system. Please refer to your operating manual for instructions on how to update your device
• Clear browser cookies and cache (browsing history)
• Turn ON cookies (at least from visited web sites)
• Turn OFF private browsing
• Set your IP address settings to automatic
• Close unnecessary applications to free mobile device memory
• Disable data service (eg. GPRS or 3G) to avoid a roaming service fee
• Select "FREE WIFI by MEL" as your connection network (SSID)
• Launch an internet browser and enter any valid website address to use the Wi-Fi
• Disconnect your device from the Wi-Fi network after use
Paid WIFI - "MELBOURNE AIRPORT"
You can also use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Diners Club card to purchase a timed Internet access session. All you need to do is turn on the 802.11b/g wireless capability of your laptop, PDA or mobile phone, connect to the "MELBOURNE AIRPORT" SSID in your wireless settings, and open up a web browser. Select the access time period required and follow the payment instructions. Once payment is confirmed, you will be redirected to the Melbourne Airport wireless hotspot home page to enjoy your internet access.
Please note that an SMTP address is not available and remember to log off at the end of your session using the pop-up box which appears when you log in.
|Time (minutes)||Cost (AUD$)|
Melbourne Airport Wi-Fi Customer Support via +61 3 9297 1600 (Monday - Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm AEST)
Enquiries: select other/ internet access from the Contact Us page